Turns out, getting to page one on Google search is significantly easier with video than with a web page. Few people are optimizing or even using video for SEO, making competition lower, and reputedly 50 times easier to reach high rankings.
So, if you’re up for the challenge of creating some high-quality relevant videos, you’re SEO will love you for it. Here are some tips before getting started:
- Make sure you have a YouTube account that you can dedicate to your company videos. Doing it from your personal account might throw people off and it certainly won’t help your branding.
- Come up with high quality ideas. If your videos are sub-par and boring, Google will know. Somehow, they always know. Just like good content gets high ranking and traffic, good videos will come out on top.
- Know your audience. This one should be pretty obvious. Understand your audience so you know what tone to take with your videos. Should they be humorous? Educational? Rigid? Straight to the point? Knowing your audience will help you craft videos that are a perfect fit to help you climb the ranks.
Once you start creating videos and uploading them for the world to see, there are a few things you should be doing to help with the SEO.
- Post the video on different mediums. To increase the visibility, upload your video onto YouTube and embed it on your company website.
- Maximize your metadata. The description, tags, and video title will all play a role in the SEO of the video. Make sure to spend time filling out each of these categories, it will be worth the extra time.
- The first 48 hours will make or break you. It’s a known fact that new videos are more likely to climb the video rankings than older videos. So, in those first 48 hours, use all of your social media power to get as many views, comments, and likes as possible.
We hope these tips give you a good starting point for videos and video optimization. Videos are a less tapped-into resource for SEO and can be a huge source of success for businesses. While it’s a bit more time consuming, we’ve seen it work, so next time you’re looking for an exciting way to beef up your SEO strategy, don’t leave video out of the equation.