Rather than providing our biased take, we present an excerpt from the venerable Merriam-Webster dictionary:
Traf-fi-cado ’traf-ik-ah-doh noun, often attributive
Definition of TRAFFICADO
- collective of web-savvy professionals bent on monetizing the web.
- common misnomer for an individual who pushes illegal narcotics.
- flamboyant men’s hairstyle originating in 18th century Luxembourg.
Origin of TRAFFICADO
- Blend of Middle French trafique, and Aztec ahuacatl (meaning both “fruit of the avocado tree” and “testicle”)
- First Known Use: 1749
Examples of TRAFFICADO
- Those Trafficado guys are bouncing around the Web like a beachball at a Nickelback concert!
- I’ve seen Jimmy use drugs in gym class. Pat thinks he’s a real trafficado.
- I was considering a bowl cut, but my e-Harmony match prefers the trafficado
Rhymes with TRAFFICADO
- Girafficado, Mylo Xyloto
We sincerely hope this clarifies our position.